Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Norther Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, working a fourteen (14) day on fourteen (14) off rotation mine site, the successful candidate will be in charge of Lac des Iles Mine’s medium to long term planning and scheduling. Incorporating recent and future exploration results, the incumbent will evaluate mining opportunities and determine appropriate mining methods to shape the future of the operation.
- Education and Training
- 7-10+ years mine planning experience with multiple mining methods (required)
- Degree in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- P.Eng in Ontario or the ability to transfer credentials within one year (preferred)
- Underground mining experience
- Functional knowledge of geotechnical principals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Administrative Skills
- Proficient with technical computer programs, technical writing, experience in all office based software, and a strong ability to conduct data analysis. High attention to detail, effective organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attentive to time management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Ability to work independent, self-motivated, dependable, responsible and flexible. Ability to work effectively on a team, assess problems promptly and resolve or inform supervisor where appropriate
Work is generally performed in an office environment, keyboard and computer mouse. Some exposure to the mine. Prolonged sitting.
Compliance to Impala Canada safety, health and environmental policies and systems. Assure adherence to the highest standards of the Occupational Health and Safety Act for myself and my team.
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of hourly wage, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Meals are provided while at the mine site.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mine Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.