Website New Gold
Requisition ID 6083 – Posted 02/28/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About The Role
Position Reports To: Chief Engineer
The successful candidate will be leading a small team of professionals. Primary tasks include, oversight of the drill and blast teams, short range planner, stockpile planner and dispatch EIT. Other tasks will include assisting with budget planning, strategic planning and managing projects for the operations, as well as technical support, coaching and mentoring to the Engineers in Training and Junior engineers to meet long-range planning objectives.
- Preparation of Monthly, Quarterly and LOM Plans
- Forecast and evaluate costs, engineering, and mine planning data
- Provide technical direction for the mine related to operations strategy and implementation
- Review and implement operational plans and design changes
- Review and action improvement to mining operation performance against plans and budget
- Prepare monthly cost and performance reports and presentations to support planning results
- Provide technical support where required
- Mentor and coach EIT’s and young engineers, performance evaluation and supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in mining engineering or similar field and eligibility for membership with the PEO
- Over 7 years of experience in mine engineering in an open pit environment
- Strong experience in open pit mine planning, design, scheduling, production, and project management
- MineSight software skill is a must
- Attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team and leadership skills
- Strong leadership ability is essential
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Travel & Accommodations Paid
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Career Opportunities: SENIOR MINE ENGINEER Open Pit (6083) (sapsf.com)
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.