Website New Gold
Requisition ID 6097 – Posted 03/01/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. New Gold would like to acknowledge the lands and resources of the Treaty 3 Territory and respect the traditional values of our First Nation partners. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwester Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, couple with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living in the Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: 5/2 – 4/3 or 14/14
Position Reports To: Open Pit Chief Geologist
Reporting to the Chief Geologist, the position is responsible for coordinating and supervising grade control related activities, the modeling and examination of geological data or processes and to ensure operating guidelines and safe work procedures are followed in the open pit. They will provide direct supervision and training to the junior geologists and mine geologists and will ensure they are focused on completing the priority tasks while working in a safe manner and to the expected standards.
- Ensure all work performed by the ream is compliant with Rainy River H&S policies
- Supervise and provide guidance to the mine geologists, junior geologists, and technical staff in day-to-day routines
- Participate in the coaching, mentorship and evaluation of non-technical staff and geologists
- Perform geological analysis and modeling and provide advice to questions regarding grade/waste control
- Prepare technical reports and documentation to ensure compliance with industry and operational requirements
- Perform reconciliation analysis between resources, reserves, mine and mill numbers
- Control costs with respect to mine geology activities
- Interact with other technical services members and operations groups to maintain daily production rates and relay information on operating guidelines, compliance regulations and policies
- Recommend and contribute to the development of alternative procedures, methods and policies to improve performance, ensuring compliance with industry regulations and organizational requirements
- Manage and maintain databases integrity and review data quality
- Relay information with regard to ground control and other geologically related issues
- 4 Year University geology program. Graduated Honors degree or equivalent
- Registered or able to register as a P. Geo in Ontario, Canada
- Minimum of 8 years of industry experience (post grad) including 5 years of experience in Open pit
- Valid Driver’s license
- Experience with MineSight and Datashed is an asset
- Experience with 3D geological modelling and resource estimation is an asset
- Experience supervising others is an asset
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills
- Able to change and re-prioritize tasks as new information is gathered
- Strong ability to self-learn
- Able to work independently or within groups
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Requires relocation to area. Move assistance will be provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the firing process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Apply here: Career Opportunities: Senior Open Pit Geologist (5447) (sapsf.com)
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.