Website Toromont Cat
Job Category: Operations & Sales Support
Requisition Number: SERVI002029
Posted: February 21, 2023
Thunder Bay, ON P7C6G9, CAN
Toromont Cat is looking for a Service Advisor to join our team! This position will provide technical direction and accountability for scheduling all equipment repairs with both the internal and external teams within the service operations, while maintaining good communication with customers throughout the repair cycle as required. The Service Advisor will also collaborate with the Supervisor and Coordinator to ensure quotes, timelines and process flow are maintained to support accurate and timely WIP (work-in-progress) processing.
As a Service Advisor, YOU will experience:
- Working within one of the safest organizations in the industry where your safety and well-being are our most important priority
- Working for the best in class equipment dealer and with the premium Caterpillar brand
- Opportunities to continuously Learn, Grow and Develop with our Toromont team through our internal Training teams that are geared for your success
- Competitive total rewards including, wages, benefits, and premiums (as eligible)
- An opportunity for flexible work schedules and opportunities across multiple locations across Eastern Canada
In a typical day, YOU will:
- Demonstrate safe, environmentally sound and healthy work behaviours at all times, in support of Toromont’s Health and Safety Policies, Programs and initiatives
- Update and manage Service Scheduler in a timely and accurate manner
- Schedule both machine repairs and preventative maintenance for the technicians
- Coordinate with Service Supervisor, MSRs and PSSRs to meet all deadlines for machines repairs
- Provide customer support for incoming calls and effective follow up during and after machine repairs
- Open and structure work orders, check for service letters, where applicable and warranty status, verify customer pay arrangements, history and codes to upload into Service Scheduler
- Collaborate with Coordinator to ensure all service reports provided by Technicians are timely and accurate
- Source parts and tools during job set up and provide shipping instructions to the site
- Manage local purchases and review work orders for invoicing/uploading and ensure credits and parts have been processed and submitted
- Assist with Warranty and Goodwill processing including documentation requirements and no charge claims
- Maintain current information cascading to the required Service Supervisors, Product Support Manager, MSRs and PSSR
- Review and maintain WIP daily to support the invoicing process and KPIs (Key Indicator Metrics)
Must-haves for this role:
- Minimum post-secondary education
- Minimum 5 years experience in service operations
About Toromont Cat
With over 4,000 employees and 56 locations from Manitoba to Newfoundland, Toromont Cat has a proven track records, industry knowledge, dealership infrastructure, and service mindset to ensure our Construction, Mining, and Power Generation customers succeed. At Toromont Cat, work is built around people’s strengths, our products, technology and an outstanding customer experience and through our strong partnership with Caterpillar™, Toromont Cat takes care of our employees who take care of our customers! When you join our team, you become a member of the Toromont family. Your success is our success!
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.