Website Resolute Forest Products
Location: Atikokan, ON, CA, P0T 1C0
Department: Planer (WP00)
Focused on both environmental stewardship and financial success, Resolute Forest Products offers promising and fulfilling job opportunities, where motivated individuals have every change to accelerate their careers. If you are passionate and ready and to make a difference, Resolute is the company that will assure you of success.
Our Atikokan location in Ontario, Canada is currently seeking talent to fill the position of Shift Supervisor, Atikokan Sawmill. This job is permanent, full-time.
Resolute Forest Products is seeking candidates for the position of Shift Supervisor for our Atikokan wood products operation located in Northwest Ontario outside the community of Atikokan, Ontario. In this role, you will join a team of staff, operators and maintenance activities during daily operation activities. This key role will assist with the efficient, safe lumber finishing production, and related scheduling logistics with the assigned workforce.
What you gain by working with us:
- Competitive salary and annual bonus incentive plan
- At least three weeks of vacation and three floating holidays; pro-rated to start date & depending upon experience
- Full range of group insurance from the first day of work
- Telemedicine services
- Defined-contribution pension plan with generous employer participation from the first day of work
- Employee and family assistance program
- Education assistance program
- Health club reimbursement program
- Work Travel Assistance Program
- Referral bonuses
- Relocation assistance to the community of Thunder Bay
- A workplace based on respect, diversity, and inclusion
- Ensure application of highest Safety standards for sawmill and yard operations.
- Oversee production sector by maximizing the use of materials, personnel and equipment to meet or exceed production goals, quality and financial performance (monitoring and cost reduction).
- Supervise, direct and guide employees to help them achieve their maximum level of effectiveness; identify and meet their needs for training in their job, health and safety and the environment.
- Work with supervisors of maintenance (mechanical and electrical) to ensure optimal performance and efficiency of maintenance activities (mechanical & electrical).
- Ensure product quality meets customer requirements by performing the required inspections, and working with Quality Control and Technical Services to develop programs
- Identify, recommend and/or implement changes to improve production procedures, equipment performance, working conditions and product quality in order to improve the efficiency of the sector
- Ensure that all employees work in accordance with the rules, policies, programs and procedures of the Company, and will all applicable laws relating to health and safety and the ISO-14001 processes
- Perform all administrative tasks (report: production, maintenance, timesheets, health and safety, performance, training, transfer of personnel, environment, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree, technical diploma, or related industry experience
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of equivalent experience
- Demonstrated progression in leadership roles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, to communicate with all levels of the organization and to adapt quickly to change
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office, and solid computer skills
- A self-motivated individual who will work towards Safety & Reliability Excellence
- Good working knowledge of sawmill and planer mill equipment
- Reporting to the Sawmill/Planer department Superintendent, you will be part of a results-oriented team whose members are encouraged to exceed expectations.
To be considered for this position, please apply today! In order to be eligible for this position, you must be legally entitled to work in Canada for our company.
Our Thunder Bay Sawmill is located at 156 Darrel Avenue, Thunder Bay, ON. The community of Thunder Bay is located in Northwest Ontario. For more information about the region, please visit http://www.thunderbay.ca/ or www.visitthunderbay.com).
You will view Thunder Bay is naturally home to epic outdoor adventures. In and around the city, there are hundreds of parks and conservation areas ready for you to explore. Find golf, mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, angling and sailing opportunities within in walking distance; and Lake Superior – the world’s largest freshwater lake a mere stone’s throw away as well as the pleasures of many winter activities including skiing or snowmobiling. Other notable sites include:
- Fort William Historical Park: This is a recreation of an early 1800s fur trade post
- Sleeping Giant Provincial Park: This park is known for its scenic views and natural wonders
- Mount McKay: You can climb to one of the highest points in the province at this location
- Prince Arthur’s Landing: you can enjoy art galleries, museums, and food at this location
- Terry Fox Memorial: This memorial is dedicated to Terry Fox, a Canadian athlete who ran across Canada to raise money for cancer research
Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Resolute Forest Products is an equal opportunity employer.
Forest products are essential, as are each and every one of our employees and contractors. We take the necessary steps to protect the health and well-being of our employees and to safeguard the integrity of all Resolute facilities.
We are all in this together. We are one community. We are #RESOLUTEPROUD
Jobs where you grow
We are a global leader in the forest products industry offering a dynamic and safe work environment with opportunities and challenges that will help develop your skills.
With a diverse range of pulp, paper, tissue and wood products sold in over 70 countries, Resolute owns or operates some 40 facilities, as well as power generation assets, in Canada and the United States.
We are a company writing a new story for itself in a rapidly changing industry. We have made important inroads to ensure long-term profitability and to be an environmental supplier of choice. In order to remain a leader in our field, we are looking for individuals who are driven and eager to learn. Come take part of our history and be part of the change!
How are we building the Resolute of the future?
Find out in our Annual Report, available at resolutefp.com/publications.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.resolutefp.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.