Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5604 – Posted 08/04/2022 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario / Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 14/14 Rotation Fly In Fly Out
Position Reports To: Senior Engineer
Rainy River is committed to developing its people by the implementation of an engineer in training (EIT) progression model. This model provides EIT’s to be exposed to a variety of technical disciplines with a structured career progression. Rainy River currently has a need for an EIT focused on Short range mine planning and dump planning.
- Ensures safe and efficient technical services by generating designs, plans and measurements that provide critical mining information to operators and the technical team
- Complete weekly short-range plan for the open pit
- Prepare and monitor design for each stockpile and dump location while considering the geotechnical design criteria
- Complete short and long range compliance reports and tracking
- Support coverage for drill blast and dispatch engineering as required
- All other project work as assigned
- 1-2 years’ experience in Mine Engineering with exposure to surface mining operations
- Successful completion of a Mine Engineering Bachelor Degree Program
- Eligible for professional registration with the Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
- Experience in using mining software including Autocad, MineSight and Vulvan is an asset
- Must possess effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, organizational and decision-making abilities
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Travel & Accomodations Paid
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.