Website New Gold
Requisition ID 6128 – Posted 03/14/2023 – Rainy River Min – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’s premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation, development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 Kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated halfway between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
About the Role
Schedule: 5/2, 4/3 – 9 hour days
Position Reports To: Site Service Superintendent
Reporting to the Site Services Superintendent, the Site Service Coordinator will perform general office coordination, administrative support, and document control and review for the Site services department. This position is based full-time at the Mine Site and works 5 days on, 2 days off while the following week works 4 days on, 3 days off.
- Receive and review Invoices for POs and funds
- Plan meetings and take detailed minutes
- Create PRs
- Organize events, training, and meals
- Track and Update Project Completion Rates
- Route expense Forms, travel request, camp reservations, PPE request etc.
- Fastenal machine cards – create accounts and maintain
- Order office supplies
- Update hours of equipment in SAP and spreadsheet, off fuel sheets
- Titan tracker updates
- Create Notifications and Work Orders in SAP
- Coverage for Planner on vacation
- Provide any other general office and administrative support to the team as required
- Minimum 4+ years administrative experience
- Previous experience in Maintenance Planning would be an asset
- Required High School Diploma or equivalent
- Diploma or Certificate in office Administration preferred
- Advance knowledge in Microsoft Office – Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP or other ERP system is required for work orders, purchase requisitions
- Excellent organizational skills – able to prioritize
- Analytical thinking skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Takes initiative and ownership for work
- Experience with database systems an asset
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resume from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion. Equal Opportunity. Accessibility.
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Career Opportunities: Site Services Coordinator (6128) (sapsf.com)
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.