Website Newmont Corporation
Date: May 31, 2023
Location: Thunder Bay, ON, CA (Canada)
Requisition Number: 26936
Newmont is the world’s leading gold company and a producer of copper, silver, zinc and lead. The Company’s world-class portfolio of assets, prospects and talent is anchored in favourable mining jurisdictions in North America, South America, Australia and Africa. Newmont is the only gold producer listed in the S&P 500 Index and is widely recognized for its principled environmental, social and governance practices. The Company is an industry leader in value creation, supported by robust safety standards, superior execution and technical proficiency. Newmont was founded in 1921 and has been publicly traded since 1925.
Site Technology Infrastructure Lead
Effectively manage and ensure effective support of the site technology infrastructure, including servers/storage, data centers, surface or underground data/voice network infrastructure, and related technology capacity planning. Manages multiple site technology infrastructure projects and ensures that all network systems are maintained, provides reliable services for the site, and assists in the development and implementation of site Technology strategy. Will oversee site technology infrastructure teams and budgets. Responsible for 5+ personnel for the site including contractor personnel.
Support to Technology Infrastructures
- Leads the site technology infrastructure team through the design, documentation, implementation, and support of technology infrastructure (e.g. surface and underground wireless systems, servers, storage, voice and data network, virtual environment, backup/restore systems, wireless, fiber optics, two-way radio, air conditioning systems, active directory, etc.) to achieve the business objectives of the site.
- Ensures that all aspects of Newmont’s technology site server and network infrastructure are supported and maintained to standards as applicable to the region and site.
- Serves as the senior technical subject matter expert and guides the support and maintenance to standards as applicable to the site.
- Collaborate with regional and global technology teams to ensure all mining and processing technology infrastructure is managed and maintained and provide reliable services at the site.
- Responsible for ensuring that the logical and physical infrastructure is designed and maintained to provide the best possible user experience, shortest possible incident resolution time, and maximum service uptime for the region.
- Ensures that third-party services are carrying out all aspects of a contractual obligation for proactive and preventative maintenance of the infrastructure based upon the required User Experience and Enterprise Business System availability.
- Responsible for the effective management of infrastructure technology issues, coordinates resolution and assists in driving issues to closure as well as escalates high severity issues and chronic problems to appropriate management and finally, provides timely follow-through with customers and peers on the infrastructure performance
Strategy and Planning
- Manage and oversee the design of the strategic integrated roadmap for core technology Infrastructure technologies including cloud, virtual environment, networks, telecom, data centers, and related components to achieve high availability and performance of the various business applications supported.
- Assists in developing associated cost budgets and monitors and develops methods to meet the budgets as well as assists in the preparation and submission of requests for quotes and capital submissions for all equipment required for providing communication services.
- Ensure that Newmont’s policies, standards, procedures, and methodologies are adhered to. Insist on and maintain a consistently high quality of work across all monitored and allocated tasks.
- Collaborates with global and other regional teams to define policies and is responsible for regional and site implementation and compliance for policies related to the technology infrastructure and operations.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or a related field
- Network and CISCO certifications are required, and MCSE certification is a plus
- MBA studies and Postgraduate are preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in networking and server infrastructure services or technical support role
- 5+ years of experience performing a site-based technology networking support role
- 5+ years of project management experience
- Broad knowledge of all technology considerations (performance, scalability, maintainability, deployment, operations, technology infrastructure)
- Possess strong technology knowledge and understanding with deep skills in technology operations, customer relationship management, and outsourcing vendor relationship management
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-driven employee, with a proactive and strategic vision of Technology
- Ability to effectively plan and control projects.
- Position based in Site Office.
- May require travel to remote mining locations within the region.
- Works on a 4×3 schedule defined by the site with flexible hours to accommodate global meeting times.
We understand no candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we’d love to learn more about you!
As an equal opportunity employer, Newmont is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility.
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Consistent with Newmont’s values of safety and responsibility, we believe that COVID-19 vaccination, as well as other vaccinations that are required or recommended for entry into certain Newmont operating countrie3s, protect the health and safety of Newmont’s workforce and the communities in which we work and live. As a result, please note that Newmont requires up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination for any international travel by the workforce undertaken on behalf of the company. In addition, other vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever vaccine) may be required or recommended for international travel, you will need to comply with these requirement. Newmont will consider individual requests for exemption/reasonable accommodation by applicants who cannot be fully vaccinated due to medical reasons or other grounds protected by applicable human rights law. Newmont may update its vaccination requirements, at any time, in its sole discretion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.newmont.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.