Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management, and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the successful candidate will work at the Lac des Iles mine site rotation to be determined.
- To achieve and maintain Hoist and equipment efficiency and running time
- Communicate/Liaise between Maintenance team and Underground Operations Manager on Maintenance plans or issues arising
- To implement contingency plans to reduce production losses
- To ensure compliance & review legislative and engineering standards
- To ensure that equipment is well maintained and efficiently managed, i.e. equipment availability is good to ensure production targets are met
- To ensure effective project delivery to enable future growth and reach production targets
- To applying engineering expertise, conduct effective design checks/apply appropriate specifications on equipment (quality & safety key criteria)
- Planning long term (strategic) objectives
- Setting priorities for utilizing resources
- Laying down procedures for maintenance or safety
- Making a verbal report to your manager
- Informing workers or staff of management policies
- Answering critical questions about activities
- Providing written information about a problem/issue
- Finding new ways to improve the efficiency of an operation
- Thinking up new systems or procedures
- Brainstorming for new ideas
- Anticipating problems
- Planning a logical sequence of events or tasks
- Planning short term (task) objectives
- Assist with Setting up a financial budget
- Assessing the probability or likelihood of an event occurring
- Evaluating installation of complex systems
- Evaluate alternative methods
- Identifying problems in a project design
- Reviewing progress of a case or project
- Evaluating the practical feasibility of a project
- Undertaking informal training or coaching
- Making a case to Manager for resources or support
- Offering professional advice
- Checking work has been carried out to specification
- Checking work completion to a set standard
- Emphasizing the importance of reaching a work objective
Achieve and Maintain Hoist equipment, efficiency and run time.
Manage Projects in the relevant area of responsibility.
Implement Contingency plans to reduce production loses.
Implement effective operational and tactical management principles and procedures.
Effectively monitor casts via budgeting and project Management methodologies.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience Mechanical Engineering
- Verbal and written proficiency of the English language
- Good computer skills, excel, word, HMI, etc.
- A self starter who performs duties in a safe and productive manner
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.