Website Impala Canada
Who We Are:
Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. At LDI we employ over 800 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is a well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer.
Reporting to the Head of Projects, the Study Coordinator will be responsible for providing detailed studies relating to potential projects at the site. This role will assist with the identification, evaluation, selection, and optimization of potential projects. It will be based at Impala Canada’s Lac des Iles mine and will follow a 4 day on (Monday to Thursday) or (Tuesday to Friday)/3 day off work schedule.
The ideal candidate has ten years mine experience, and knowledge of mill and site operations and a knowledge of project management best practices.
- Ensure that projects are developed using Impala’s health and safety policies and guidelines
- Produce project documents that include some or all of the following aspects:
- Project Background
- Project description including battery limits
- Project spend profile
- Economic evaluation
- Objectives and objectives measurement
- Project risks and site risks
- Arrange for contactor quotes and bid packages
- Participate in development of short term and long term capital spend
- Identify the underlying purpose of the project
- Liaise with consultants and contractors
- Liaise with all departments at site and at regional and corporate office
- Coordinate and record project correspondence
- Participate in bid development and bid review
- Participate in project planning sessions
- Assist with the execution phase of the projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in mine projects
- Proficient in MS Excel, MS Word, and MS PowerPoint
- Strong report writing, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Strong analytical, problem – solving and decision-making abilities, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Prior mining or other extractive industry experience is an asset
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical, which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mine Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.