Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Impala Canada is the only Canadian primary palladium producer. Located in Northern Ontario, Lac des Iles Mine (LDI) features a world class orebody consisting of an open pit and one of the largest underground mines in Canada. Mine operations are data driven, supported by the latest in mine technology and equipment, real time mine management and automation. At LDI we employ over 700 of Canada’s best and brightest in their field. Driven to exceed, our people are motivated by a culture of safety in a positive and collaborative work environment. With a modern infrastructure, significant exploration portfolio, and dedicated employees Impala Canada is well-positioned, low cost, long term, sustainable palladium producer. Beyond the mine expansion, potentially increase production at LDI and increase mine life.
Working on a two (2) week on two (2) week off rotation, the successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring and installing survey controls in a safe and timely manner for pit, quarry and surface activities.
- Maintain survey equipment and survey supplies
- Responsible for conducting surface surveys: including layout of designed blast-holes and pick-up of as-built blast-holes. Mark-up of grade on pit floor and ramps. Marking out of delineation of ore waste contacts in blasted material
- Perform QA/QC on the blast-holes
- Collect blast-hole samples and deliver to lab
- Perform drone surveys as required
- Video recording blasts via drone, gopro, pit camera’s
- Utilize (BMM) Blast Movement Management technology
- Compile stockpile volumes for month end summaries
- Communicate design discrepancies to supervisor and operations
- Proficient with technical computer programs, technical writing, experienced in all office based software, and a strong ability to conduct data analysis. High attention to detail, effective organizational skills, ability to prioritize and attentive to mine management
- Ability to work independent, self-motivated, dependable, responsible and flexible. Ability to work effectively on a team, assess problems promptly and resolve or inform supervisor where appropriate
- Miscellaneous duties reasonable and beneficial as the department requires
- Two (2) year Engineering Technician diploma
- Two (2) year mine survey experience
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of base salary, health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Accommodations and meals are provided while at the mine site. On your off duty time enjoy various outdoor and indoor extracurricular activities.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd.
Visit careers.imipalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.