Website New Gold
Requisition ID 5980 – Posted 01/13/2023 – 7000 New Gold – Rainy River Mine – Emo, Ontario
Make an impact at Canada’ premier mining company.
When you advance your career at New Gold, you are joining a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company engaged in the operation development and exploration of mineral properties. Our mission is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, driving responsible and profitable mining in a way that creates sustainable value for our employee, shareholders, the communities in which we live and work and our environment. To learn more about New Gold, visit our website at www.newgold.com. To learn more about our culture and people practices, visit the Career page.
New Gold attracts and hires highly skilled individuals. By joining our team, you can look forward to:
- A stimulating values-based work environment
- A culture of collaboration and inclusion
- Inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Career development opportunities
- A deeply rooted commitment to responsible, mining, health and safety and community engagement
- A competitive total compensation program
- A comprehensive benefits package including a retirement savings plan
Rainy River Mine
Situated in beautiful northwestern Ontario, 65 km northwest of Fort Frances, the Rainy River Mine is an open pit, gold and silver producing, residential mine site.
The Rainy River Mine, located adjacent to the Ontario/Minnesota border is 65 kilometers northwest of Fort Frances, Ontario and is situated half way between Winnipeg, Manitoba and Thunder Bay, Ontario. The area is home to more than 130 species of birds and large populations of moose, black bear, and deer. If you enjoy outdoor activities including hunting, fishing, winter sports and lake country then this is an area you will love to live and work in.
Applicants who reside in Northwestern Ontario and have experience working in a cross-cultural environment, coupled with knowledge of the unique challenges and opportunities presented to those living int he Northwest Ontario, are assets. Hiring priority will be given to qualified applicants who are beneficiaries of the Impact Benefits Agreement (IBA) and to qualified applicants residing in the Northwest Ontario communities. (Indigenous) Members must clearly identify their status on the online job application and resume if they wish to receive priority consideration.
About the Role
Schedule: 14/14 – 12 hour days
Position Reports To: Senior Tailings Dam Engineer
The Junior Tailings Dam Technician will report to the Tailing Dam Engineer who will direct tasks in the office and in the field. Field assignments will include observation, collection of data including piezometers, settlement plates, slope inclinometers and water level readings, and GPS/drone field work. Field work could occur in any weather and during all seasons. Office work will primarily be reporting, inputting data into spreadsheets and AutoCAD software. The role will require strict adherence with company policy (including the OMS) to comply with regulation requirements and commitments.
- Strong commitment and adherence to all Safety Policies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Conducting regular piezometer, settlement plates, slope inclinometers and water level readings, and GPS/drone field work readings, inputting data into spreadsheets, reporting
- Drilling and test pitting programs
- Tailings pond sampling programs
- Survey and GPS/drone field work
- Instrumentation data and equipment management
- Other field and office assignments
- Mining or Civil Technology Diploma or similar combination of experience/training
- Industry experience, preferably mining or heavy civil earthworks construction is considered an asset
- Experience with geotechnical materials sampling, laboratory and field quality control testing methods
- Experience using GPS, Drone and CAD systems is considered an asset
- QA/QC experience for large earthworks projects would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills, ArcGIS, MS Office skills would be desirable
- Field 80% & Office 20%
- Occasional moderate lifting required (50lbs)
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Camp accommodations provided
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process. New Gold does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a forma contractual arrangement with the Company. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by New Gold will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered.
Inclusion, Equal Opportunity, Accessibility
New Gold is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Indigenous status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the recruitment process are available upon request.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.