Website Impala Canada Ltd.
Who We Are:
Lac des Iles Mines (LDI) is the Company’s flagship mine and is one of the only two primary palladium producers in the world. The mine is located approximately 85 km northwest of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario and consists of an underground mine, and a large 15,000 tonne per day Mill with significant excess capacity available for future production growth. LDI is currently undergoing a major expansion of its tailings management facility and has recently transitioned to a new high volume bulk mining method in the underground mine. Through the utilization of the shaft and higher mining rates, LDI is expected to benefit from increased production at reduced cash costs per ounce, transforming the mine into a long life, low cost producer of palladium.
- Maintaining a system, troubleshooting, diagnosing and repairing problems, installing and replacing components and or systems
- Must have a good knowledge and understanding of HVAC, gas, and oil burner systems etc.
- Assemble and install refrigeration, air conditioning, and ventilation components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools as required
- Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
- Possess a Journeyman Trade Certification for HVAC/Oil Burners/Gas as well as a (Gas Fitter 1 – ability to work on all equipment), minimum of five (5) years experience in a milling and mining environment
- A self-starter who performs duties in a safe and productive manner
- Verbal and written proficiency of the English language
What’s in it for You:
The position offers a competitive remuneration package consisting of hourly wage: $50.89, with potential to earn an Underground bonus health & medical insurance, retirement savings plan and travel allowance. Meals are provided while at the mine site.
Please note, that all job offers are conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment medical which includes drug and alcohol testing. Proof of being fully vaccinated for Covid-19 will be required as a condition of employment for new hires.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please visit www.impalacanada.com for more information regarding Lac des Iles Mines Ltd. Visit careers.impalacanada.com to apply.
To apply for this job please visit myavanti.ca.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.