Website Barrick Gold
Marathon, ON, Canada
If you thrive on challenge and collaboration, Barrick offers opportunities on a global scale. Our remarkable people have made us the leading gold mining company, and we’re looking for more people to join our team – people who are motivated, energetic, eager to learn and grow. We make it a priority to support the aspirations of every individual, with international opportunities, ongoing training and development, and first-class benefits.
Williams Operating Corporation – Barrick Gold located near Marathon in Northwestern Ontario presently requires a:
Trades Helper – Surface and U/G Millwrights
The Trades Helper is accountable for providing additional support services based on the needs to the Area Maintenance Supervisor, Leader, or Trades People in a safe, productive, and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure that you and your fellow workers work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Regulations of this company.
- Ensure all hazards are reported in accordance with relevant procedures and appropriate remedial actions implemented in a timely manner.
- Work with key stakeholders in work area for the required corrective and preventive maintenance cleaning to an active team member to help ensure equipment availability.
- Assist in the Area parts management. Contact warehouse for parts status, parts check, and to acquire material for planned work, receive required material and return repairable items.
- Assist with cleaning and field repairs with Area Trades.
- Document maintenance work orders and complete the appropriate paperwork and CMMS (SAP) Confirmations as directed.
- As directed, return all unused parts to proper location for restocking, this includes cleaning, washing and proper warehouse identification.
- Assist in the organizing of the parts required for the PM service either by stock items or direct charge.
- Make suggested improvements and/or recommendations to the process.
- Highly safety oriented
- Basic Mill/Surface Common Core
- Equipment Operating Skills – Bobcat/Forklift experience an asset
- Overhead crane and conveyors experience an asset
- Ability to work in a fast-pasted, demanding environment required
- Good organizational & procedure skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Experience with routine maintenance operations
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Able to work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail
What We Can Offer You
- A comprehensive compensation package including competitive bonuses, benefits, pension, and company match share purchase plan.
- A progressive career path including global opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Access to a global network of highly qualified professionals for exchanging knowledge and ideas, building skills, and sharing experiences
- Barrick is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Barrick welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your application, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Our mission is to be the world’s most valued gold and copper mining business. We are committed to partnering with our host countries and communities to transform their natural resources into tangible benefits and mutual prosperity.
With operating mines and projects in 18 countries, Barrick’s highly diversified workforce is drawn almost entirely form our host nations and equipped with world-class skills. We set the gold standard in sustainability by embedding environmental, social, economic considerations into all of our business decisions.
The company’s shares trade on the New York Sock Exchange under the symbol GOLD and on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol ABX. Learn more at www.barrick.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Hemlo has produced more than 21 million ounces of gold and has been operating continuously for more than 30 years. It consists of the Williams mine operation, including an underground mine, and 4mtpa gold processing facility. Hemlo is located about 350 kilometers east of Thunder Bay, Ontario on Highway 17. Situated nearby the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior, Hemlo works closely with our Indigenous communtiies of Biigtigong Nishnaabeg and Netmisaaggamig Nishnaabeg and the townships of Marathon, Manitouwadge and White River. An area of extensive natural beauty for all outdoor pursuits from hiking in national and state parks, all types of water sports, hunting, fishing, and camping.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.
The Atikokan Employment Centre advertises the following job posting as a service to its clients and to the community. Atikokan Employment Centre is not responsible for the wording or content of the advertisements. All correspondence concerning each position should be directed to the contact name identified in the advertisement.